Monday, March 16, 2009

Our Kitchen Remodel . . . Part 1

This is our kitchen ~ One of my favorite colors is Plum -- so I painted my cabinets Plum and cream. The pictures make it look really dark almost like black. Trevor Put in the garden window when we re-did all of our other windows in the house so that is new. The lighting left much to be desired. Old floresent lighting Yuck! We put up a makeshift breakfast bar a few months ago and it really didn't get put to much use so we threw that out of the new plans and by that we had a console table holding all my cookbooks. We have a food cabinet in the corner storing our appliances and cereal and anything that is tall cause nothing will fit under the cabinets they are too low and the shelfs in the cabinets are fixed so they don't move and they won't fit anything tall in them either. The one thing I did like about the kitchen was the base of drawers. There is another pic of my oh so fabulous dishwasher that sounded like my washing machine -- It did clean good that was a plus. Also my oven that is still in really good condition. The contractors said that the kitchen must have been built for little people cause it is like 3 inches too low (counters) you can see in the above pic the counters don't even meet the dishwasher and stove height. The last pics are of some of the demo --- all the walls were made of solid wood slats so we didn't have the mess of sheetrock to deal with which was a plus. More pictures to come . . .







1 comment:

Talia said...

You painted those cabinets? My you are ambitious-they look great! And I think I would be quite comfortable in your "little people" kitchen, 3 inches too low and all! ;)