Friday, February 27, 2009

So Excited! OH Yeah!

What we are up to these days :
We are going to be remodeling our kitchen soon! We are getting several bids this week and I am so excited. I can't wait to have cabinets that actually stay shut! And a regular dishwasher that I don't have to hook up to the sink (I always need to use the sink after I have started it why is that? and not to mention how loud it is~ It will be so nice to have a quiet dishwasher. I went to my friends house and she had her dishwasher going - I could barely hear it. I couldn't believe how quiet it was, but this is coming from me having a dishwasher that sounds like my washing machine!) There are so many other things that will be nice about it also. Then there is the remodeling process that will not be so fun. I am worried about being without a kitchen until it is done. We will set up a mock kitchen in the dining room and that will be an adventure in itself. Not to mention the dust from the demolition and from the taping and texturing sheetrock BUT . . . WE HAVE SURVIVED BEFORE - with all of our other remodeling projects in this house and we can do it again! I would say that the outcome is worth the annoyance of those things. I will post some before and after pictures of the remodel, so stay tuned . . .

3 comments:

Talia said...

Yay for a new kitchen! I hear ya on the inconvenience though. Ryan's putting tile in our kitchen and it's been an ongoing process. :) We have had a lot of company though. I love your waterfall and zoo pics. You look gorgeous and all your kids are so cute!! Looks like you had a fun summer. Can't wait for this one coming!

Alicia Alee said...

Yea, can't wait to see pics from all that! It will be quite an adventure, I am sure, but well worth it! :)

Carissa said...

I have to join the sister party and agree, you will love it when it's done! We had the front half of our house blocked off for at least a year, but it looks nice now.